Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Bible Translation problems

Is the OT and NT canon we know today inspired? Absolutely. Has the original in-errancy been sustained into every translation? No way Jose. (The KJV is particularly weak). The proof of that can be evidenced simply by the fact that there are several major branches of "Christianity" and tens of thousands of denominations who each claim their interpretation of their approved version is the correct one.

Does that mean I discount the written word? Not at all, I spend many hours a day reading it, studying it, enjoying it and have done so for decades. I know that God is love and loves me not because I read about it, but because I experience His love. I know that He indwells me not because it was written that He does but because I can sense His presence in me. The good that I do comes from Him, the love that I share comes from Him.

Without His presence we would all cease to exist according to Col 1:16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

None of what I believe about the bible discounts in any way the work that Jesus did and is doing for us and in us.
So if we differ in the use of spiritual formulas or the order or chronology in which people come to the awareness of how much He loves everyone it should not cause bad feelings between us (or the formation of yet another denomination).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: