Wednesday, September 24, 2008

His actions, not ours

I believe the very language (volcabulary) of the message of grace and peace with God was purposely distorted for the sake of selfish men striving for power within a religious construct. To openly declare that "I am the righteousness of God" would most certainly be looked down upon in most institutional churches. To disassociate performance from walking in God's favor is a foreign concept to religious ritual. Virtually every time I speak of God's unconditional love for us I get reminded that God never changes and we must never forget his wrath. The fact that Jesus wrote the peace treaty in his own blood between God and man is simply forgotten for the most part. God is Love, if wrath is part of His character then it is like a momma bear protecting her young. And we are all His young, His children!

This is what I know by revelation, by experience and by scripture: God loves me!

He loves me more than I can possibly comprehend. He is always with me. He does not turn His back when I fail to love Him completly or even when I fail to love Him at all. He loves me at my best and He loves me at my worst. He believes in me even when I don't believe in me. I could misinterpret, misrepresent and deny all the truths in His written word and He would love me. I could turn from Him, flee from Him and He would relentlessly persue me. His plan for my adoption into His family will not be thawrted.

Jesus was the first to call God His Father, and we are adopted into their embrace. When all is said and done and we move on into eternity He will introduce me to all His other children as His adopted son in whom He is very proud of and especially fond of! And He will do the same for you.

So it is not about religion. It is not about folowing some spritual formula to cause God to change His mind about you.
It is not about us "receiving" Jesus, it is about us understanding that He has already received us.
It is not about us asking Jesus into our heart, it is about realizing He has always been in us.
It is not about us believing in Jesus, it is about knowing that He believes in us.
It is not about us repenting then getting forgiveness, it is knowing that we are already forgiven and now we can change our mind about how much God loves us and accepts us. Knowing that allows us to trust Him.
It is not about us "loving Him with all our soul and might" it is about acknowledging in our heart that He loves us with all of His might

Once we acknowledge who we really are, how much we are loved, that we are the adopted sons and daughters of the creator of the Universe then we have the power to live in and by the faith of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: